Associate Professor Karyn France
Associate Professor, and Child and Family Psychology Programme Co-ordinator
- Registered Psychologist
Room 208, Level 2, Waimairi Building
Phone: + 64 3 364-2610
Internal Phone: ext 6610
I qualified as a clinical psychologist and spent many years working in the child and family area.
After finishing my Ph.D. in 1989 I spent some time in Canada then held a post-doctoral fellowship at the Christchurch School of Medicine. I was appointed to the University of Canterbury in 1993 to lecture in the School of Education. In 2000 I set up the Child and Family Psychology Programme and moved with it to the School of Health Sciences in 2009.
Programme Co-ordinator, Child and Family Psychology programme: MA and MSc in Child and Family Psychology or approved MEd, together with PG.Dip.Ch.Fam.Pyc.
- CFPY 501 Models of Practice in Child and Family Psychology
- CFPY 503 Advanced Academic Development
- CFPY 504 Advanced Professional Practice in Child and Family Psychology
- CFPY 505 Structuring and Examining Professional Practice
Research interests include development of infant sleep, child and family interventions, emotional and behavioural regulation in children, parent behaviour and education.
- Behavioural science
- Clinical psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Dysfunction in families
- Canterbury Sleep Programme
- Project for the prevention of rapid weight-gain in early childhood
See UC Research Profile for list of publications.